Mental Health Crisis is taking a toll on the mind of young children
New Delhi, India- With the increasing mental health crisis and depressive disorder among the school-going children, Young Angels, a publishing house, believes that one of the best methods to overcome social isolation and feeling of loneliness is to construct a reading habit. Depression and emotional stress among children have been treated as a typical melancholy, which is making school children more vulnerable.
Keeping the cause in mind, earlier this year, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia announced that the Delhi government has commissioned a team of experts to build a structure of “Happiness Curriculum”, which will not feature any formal examination; rather the focus will be on activities. In addition, the periodic evaluation will be calculated using a happiness index. The plan will focus nursery to eight classes.
“Education has to serve a larger moral and societal purpose and cannot be looked at in isolation from the needs of society. Even as we aim for economic equality, we must strive for ‘happiness equality’ as well,” said Mr Sisodia, in a report filed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
He also made a heartfelt request to all the teachers and school children of Delhi to help fabricate a better landscape to fight depression and influence the direction of children as a nation.
Talking about the pressure of the future, insecurities, self-image, educational deadlines and other cultural stereotypical elements, school children seem to be finding it hard to bear the burden of their life.
With this cause, Young Angels has always been focussed on teaching children and equip them with the skills to attain highest level of literacy. With the help of Empowering Life Skills (ELS), they bring different set of creative activities to stimulate and nurture different intelligences. Providing multi-disciplinary experiences to children, ELS books are full of creative imagery, which help build:
1. Logical Intelligence: The puzzles and activities help build an intensely inquisitive mind among children. Moreover, it assists them to solve complex calculation with no difficulty.
2. Co-Scholastic: The set of books touches various other domains of a child’s development which includes self-awareness, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, managing emotions, dealing with stress, etc.
3. Multiples Intelligence: The books focus on building multiple intelligences which represents different mental abilities, through a range of interesting activities.
4. Visual Spatial Intelligence: The amalgamation of pictures, diagrams, demonstrations and flip charts, help children to visualise images collectively. That’s help them foster a strong imagination power.
5. Inter-personal and Intra-personal intelligence: This activity help build SQ and EQ of the children. With this kit, they can narrate their own stories and build a constructive mind.
6. Holistic Development: This section targets the emotional, physical, social, intellectual, relational and creative side of the children. A well-integrated set of ideas together build a strong personality.
We at Young Angels believe that mastering the skill of self-realization and introspection are key aspects to have a life full of happiness.
Since its incorporation in 2005, Young Angels has carved a niche for itself in the children’s books segment of the publishing industry. We specialise in books meant for children of different ages. The wide range of books offered by us includes fairy tales, moral stories, illustrated story books, encyclopedias, general knowledge books, grammar books, colouring books, activity books, sticker books and many more. All these books are available in both English and Hindi.
Phone Number: 0124 - 4001994, 0124 - 4001999, 0124 – 4001998
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org